Friday, April 25, 2014

Thoughts on my first two weeks of training

I'm taking the time on my Friday rest-day to reflect on how my marathon training has gone for the last two weeks.

Highlights:
- Getting to train on the Boston Marathon course last week to align my efforts with my dreams.
- Watching the live stream of the marathon while doing my long run on the treadmill. Very inspiring.
- Wednesday, I did 12 1-minute hill repeats at the Dish. This was great mental training as well as physical. I got very well-acquainted with really having nothing more to give after 9 repeats, but kept at it, recovering when I could. I finished the workout tired, but proud. :)

Moving forward:
This training has been more demanding than I first thought, but I'm confident that I'm moving in the right direction. My morning pulse rate has been decreasing, and my heart rate variability has been increasing, indicating that my body lapping up the work and eager for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment